Robot Dance Party!
Posted In: Costume, dance, dancing, kickstarter, Party, robot, speaker
Comments: 2 Responses
Share this article
The Dance Party Robot is exactly what it sounds like. This shiny walking six-speaker sound system is all about making people smile and dancing. He lives for this. Just imagine if you had a party where the speaker danced it’s ass off. Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about.
Chris already dances his ass off in the robot costume and it looks like he and everyone else has a ton of fun with the idea. But that robot costume was made on a budget. He wants to pimp it out with all kinds of new stuff.
- lighting effects (el-wire, LEDs, etc)
- arduino hardware that would allow me to synchronize the light patterns with the music
- upgrading the sound system,
- mounting a tablet to the side with my music library so fans can pick their own songs.
- karaoke microphone + music selection and electronic sign to scroll lyrics
- adding a radio receiver/transmitter
- transport equipment to move him around more easily (so far I’ve been carrying him in my arms)
- a cooling system (it gets rather hot in there)
- a solar powered battery charging system
- spares and replacement parts, items for repair kit
Help him take it to the next level. The goal is just $1,500. Right now $130 has been pledged with 19 days to go. What do you think? A few bucks to pimp out a dance robot and make people happy? Sounds good to me.